More on the making of the multicam kilt.

I after inspecting my handiwork and looking at the size I decided to take out all the pleats and do them again. Having got them out I laid the proto-kilt of the table which is when I met a major problem. Troodos.

The cat sat on the kilt!

The cat sat on the kilt!

I don’t know why they do it but a cat always seems to know whenever you want o work on something and always decides to plonk themselves right in the middle of it. Anyway after shifting him I measured it up calculated again that I needed 24 1″ pleats this time I ironed them in and fixed them with wonderweb and a couple of stitches.

Putting in the pleats

Putting in the pleats

Next I needed to calculate the waist and work out the difference between the breech and the waist and set the pleats at the top. Then sew them in. So far I’ve sewn in 11 pleats.

Half the pleats sewn in, half still pinned

Half the pleats sewn in, half still pinned

While watching ‘Gently’ on the box I created the fringe for the side of the apron which is just striping away threads from a couple of bits of materiel. Easy enough to do but a bit fiddly. Two layers sandwiched together to make it more fluffy.

The fringe

The fringe

and then fused to the apron. It will need stitches later but I think it looks OK.

Fringe on the apron

Fringe on the apron

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s